Thursday, May 9, 2013

I'm a dad

I'm a dad.  I've just changed a nappy.  Sha is looking at our baby with a big grin on her face.  Edward oscillates between feeding, sleeping and crying.  He was born by Caesarian section.  I've just discovered from wikipedia that Caeser wasn't. Being present at a birth here is rather a full on experience.  I was told to wear a heap of gowns, feet covers and a mask and then went in to the operating theatre.  I got to take photos of the baby coming out and then cut the cord -- it's very tough.   In a few minutes I'm going to demonstrate my skills at bathing a baby to Sha and her mum.  I went on a 10 minute course this morning and so there's a small chance that I'll know what I'm doing.  The course tomorrow is on breast feeding.  I probably won't take such an active role in that.


1 comment:

Alison Hobbs said...

So many people congratulated you on Facebook, but did they see this blogpost? You should point them to it! Love from Edward's grandparents!